2/14/2006

New Performance Products Catalog

Oh yeah! I don't know where you get your Mercedes-Benz parts, but I get them from Performance Products. Those guys seem to know their Benzes, plus they have a really cool catalog. A new one came in the mail today, which makes for a neat Valentine's Day present and some good bathroom reading. They should really start printing some MB trivia or history, etc. Their website is a bit dorky looking, but functional. Their catalog, however, is a different story. It's 200+ pages of MB parts and accessories, all properly labeled and described. I've always been able to find parts, and they had them in stock. They ship out of California, which is a drag for me in Michigan, but I can live with that. I also like the attempt to personalize. I wish they only sent the chassis info actually needed. I got a W126. Do I really need to know what kind of a dash cover I can throw on a W201? Somebody wanted a block heater. Winter's almost over, but here it is. I'm sure you can call them and harrass a deal out of them. Be like, "hey, it's July, I need a good deal on a block heater ... I'm poor ... ". I did order quite a few things from them, and was always happy with the service. One time I needed a 13mm oil drain plug. I called and placed an order, but the guy said "the plug's like 80 cents, we've got a minimum order policy". I sighed and ordered ... what else? Inline fuel filters, a can of Moly, and a valve cover gasket. All for around twenty bucks.

3 Comments:

Blogger reckless rogue said...

Max, I've had very good results with www.mercedessource.com. If you're not familiar, they are a Mom and Pop company that specializes in older MB parts and servicing.

2/15/2006 10:59:00 AM  
Anonymous 300SD said...

Yeah, I bought my VA wrenches from them. The guy hand-crafted those; they work a lot better than stock wrenches.

I also bought the tranny kit, but the one-sheet-of-paper-manual sucked. It served as a big push to start this blog.

2/15/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger reckless rogue said...

I hear you. Sometimes there are a lot of blanks in their instructions that you have to fill-in yourself. Other than a little confusion, they are a pretty decent operation though.

BTW, I think I'm going to help tackle my brother's oil pressure sensor soon. The sending unit is busted and slowly leaking oil into the dash. I'll let you know how it goes.

2/15/2006 11:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home